how are issues of custody, visitation and support handled?

Cheryl (Guest) on Monday, October 22 2012, 01:12 PM
I've read that there is no “legal separation” in MA. We’re not ready to get divorced just yet, but I am wondering if we decide it’s best for him to move out of our home, then who will govern issues on custody, visitation and support in the divorce?
1 response Add Yours
    Replied by Attorney James Milligan on Monday, October 22 2012, 01:18 PM · Hide · #1
    There is a Complaint for Separate Support available in Massachusetts. It would govern issues of the marital home as well as custody, support and visitation. I always caution my clients about the practicality of this device. You would go through all the machinations of a divorce but not be divorced at the end. Of course a complaint for divorce always supersedes a separate support action.
Your Response

Choose Your Attorney With Confidence