I feel my son should get custody of his 1 year old daughter.

Worried Grandmother (Guest) on Friday, September 07 2012, 03:35 PM
My son, his girlfriend and our granddaughter have been living with his father and me in our home in Worcester. He has been the primary caregiver. His girlfriend recently moved out with the baby. I called social services and they said the mom has custody until a court hearing, and we can’t even see the baby, what can we do?
1 response Add Yours
    Replied by Attorney James Milligan on Friday, September 07 2012, 03:57 PM · Hide · #1
    Your son needs to file a Complaint in the Worcester Probate and Family Court seeking custody and a motion for temporary custody immediately. It is true that an unmarried mother in Massachusetts has custody in the absence of a court order to the contrary.
Your Response

Choose Your Attorney With Confidence