We were going to divorce, now we’re not. What kind of paperwork do we need to do?

Chrissy (Guest) on Monday, September 24 2012, 11:25 AM
My husband filed for divorce 2 months ago, we are reconciling and he just moved back into our Northborough home. He has called his lawyer to drop the suit. His lawyer told him that he and I both need to come in and sign papers. What kind of papers could they be and is it necessary?
1 response Add Yours
    Replied by Attorney James Milligan on Wednesday, September 26 2012, 09:27 AM · Hide · #1
    If you and your husband are reconciling, you need to sign a stipulation of dismissal of the divorce, and counterclaim, if any. Under the Rules of Domestic Procedure, any party that has appeared in the action, must sign a consent to dismissal. Otherwise it would have to be dismissed by a judge upon motion.
Your Response

Choose Your Attorney With Confidence