We were involved in an auto accident with 2 other cars. Who will pay my expenses?

Steph (Guest) on Thursday, September 06 2012, 07:18 PM
I was a passenger in my sister’s car and we got into an accident involving 2 other cars. One of the other drivers was issued a citation by Southborough MA police. I had to go to the emergency room after the accident and am still having pain in my neck and arm. Who will pay my out of pocket medical expenses and what legal steps do I now take?
1 response Add Yours
    Replied by Attorney Stephen Morte on Thursday, September 06 2012, 07:31 PM · Hide · #1
    You will have two avenues of recovery. First all your medical bills and lost earnings are covered under Personal Injury Protection up to the amount of $8,000.00. That means that if you have medical bills you should submit them for payment to the insurance company covering the vehicle that you were in. Also that insurance company should cover 75% of your lost wages. If you have medical insurance then the insurance company will only cover the first $2000.00 of the medicals and then it must be submitted with a letter to your health insurance company.

    In addition to the above you can bring a lawsuit for additional damages over and above your medicals and lost wages if you incur more than $2000.00 in medical expenses. It is important to call an attorney immediately after any accident to discuss your many rights.
Your Response

Choose Your Attorney With Confidence